Monday, March 1, 2010

For the record

Good morning one and all; hope you had a lovely weekend!

I just have a little public service announcement to kick off the week...

I get that by choosing to blog about a topic as complex, emotional and occasionally controversial as weight loss I open myself up to criticism. I appreciate that not everyone will agree with the opinions I express, and that some of you will want to tell me about it.

That's totally cool with me.

Think something I've written is totally wrong? By all means, let me know. Reckon I've muddled up my facts or based a post on dud information? Let me hear it. I welcome your views - be they positive or negative - on what I've written.

What I do not welcome, however - in fact, what I reject 100 per cent - is attacks on me as a person. And yes, I'm speaking to just a handful of people here. I'm glad some of you feel personally engaged with me as a result of what I write but, at the end of the day, you don't really know anything about me or what makes me tick. I share my thoughts with you on one thing and one thing only.

That's all I want to say. Except for one final thing: anyone who would go out of their way to tell me that I'm nasty and morally irredeemable might want to consider the old adage about the pot and the kettle.

Have a great week!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Oh dear! Bet they were anonymous nasty comments too? People get so cowardly bitchy online...

Kitty said...

Oh yes, always anonymous...